We have been non-stop down here!
Non stop great company, non-stop sight-seeing, non-stop eating great food, non-stop sampling local beers/ciders and non-stop exhausted! 🤣
We chose to spend our first few nights at an awesome camp about 10min from Devonport. Forth Valley Recreation Ground is a beautiful green oval that the locals are happy to have you stay at for a small donation.
From there each day we went out and explored the impressive country side. We honestly have done so much I can’t even remember where we have been!
Highlights (in no particular order) have been:
- A drive out towards Sheffield
- A tasting paddle of local cider
- Famous Tasmainian scallop pie
- Beaconsfield Mining Centre
- Various chocolate and cheese factories
- Boags beer experience
- A dodgey “haunted” boat ride on a fake lake.
There was certainly plently happening with tired eyes limping back into camp each afternoon. We have hardly found time to stop and blog. What a great part of the world!